Monday, December 01, 2008

Grand Canyon & Hoover Dam...

While at Las Vegas, got my adventurous self to Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon.


The Hoover Dam... it seems to be always under construction.
Maybe it was destroyed by the Decepticons during the filming of Transformers...


Eagle Point, at Grand Canyon...
do you see a resemblance of the eagle spreading its wings?


The cliff where I had my lunch, with a view.


And that's me... with The Colorado River flowing through the Grand Canyon in the background

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is how they managed to keep Vegas alive, rite? I was shocked to find out in my Environmental History module in NUS that Las Vegas is a desert, haha... Always imagined deserts to be hot, dry and dreary!

9:45 PM, December 01, 2008  
Blogger BiGcHiN said...

yup, Las Vegas is situated inside Mojave Desert. It certainly is dry and arid.

Vegas' boom and survival depends a lot on the waters of Lake Mead, which was created with the construction of Hoover Dam.

The disturbing thing is that Lake Mead water level is dropping rather quickly. I could clearly see the different colours that mark the "high" and "low" water levels.

2:06 AM, December 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pencuri!

i spy a familiar photo without credit! *Ahem*

9:35 AM, December 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home